1. From Death Certificate
2. Picture of Stone, Personal knowledge Marlowe Meyers
3. Obit Carlyle Union Banner 2/1/1968
5. Research from Bill Roege
6. ":Beitraege zur westfaelischen familienforschung
from "Contributions to family research in Westphalia"
Band "Westfaelische Auswanderer"
Issue "Westphalian emigrants"
Herman Heinrich Niemeyer from Ladbergen, Farm Labourer, born on the 15th of April 1814
Parents are John Heinrich Niemeyer and Elisabeth Raeuber (R"auber) immigrated 1835 to America.
7. A. Wayne Gerteisen, 5117 Hogue Road, Evansville, Indiana 47712 Williard Library 5 generation chart 1984 812 426-1304
8. Personal Knowledge Joyce Niemeier Witte
9. Michael Lester Lance
6303 Craigway Road
Spring, TX 77389
11. Civil Registration, Ladbergen, German 1810-1814
12. Chruch Records, Ladbergen, Germany
13. Obit Belleville Advocate May 20, 1892
14. Belleville City directory 1884
15. St. John
Baptismal Records, St. Louis, MO
16. Application for admission to Illinois soldier and sailors home Quincy, IL
18. City Directory Belleville, 1877
19. Obit Belleville Advocate
20. Canadian National Arcives
21. Application for Marriage, Lebanon, IL
22. Inscription on Tombstone
23. Belleville Weekly Advocate Obit
25. Dulaney Chart:
1404 S. Lake St.
Fort Worth, Tx 76104
Not current Address
She reports Amos moved to Georgia about 1809. Note marriage to Porter reported from Cherokee County, GA
26. List of Items sold at probate auction.
27. Belleville Newspaper 1/8/1856
28. 1860 Census St. Clair County, Illinois Page 572 2059
29. From William Levannti
30. Miss Gertrude baldridge of Missouri Valley, Texas a great grandaughter of John says that her ancestors were of Scotch-Irish descent. Settled in PA going afterwards to North Carolina.
John's will made in 1792 in registered in Hillsboro, Orange County, then to Tenn and Kentucky.
Rev John Allen, Huntsville, Alabama whose mother was a descdent write that "The Hodges were of English parentage, but in coming to America, were ship-wrecked and landed on the northern coast of ireland, Killdale where they remained for a number of years before coming to America.
32. The Keller Family by K. J. Keller
33. Franklin County Historical Review Summer 1980, XI, 76.
Info from David T. Green. John Keller, Thomas Crawford and John Dawdy are elected Messengers from their church Bethel to the Elk River Association of the Primitive Baptist Church for the year 1817.
34. Family Bible, in possession of Jack Klyne Keller until his death.
35. Carolyn Smotherman, Box 130, College Grove, TN 37046
37. Vasquez Family Association, Judy Brown
38. Marriage Record, Mississippi
39. Marriage License Vanderburgh County Philip Rausch and Maria Schmittle Feb 14/1860
40. 1880 Census (Indiana)
41. City Directory Evansville, Indiana 1865
Also Thomas and Frederick rausch
42. Church of Holly Innocents now St. Paul's Episcopal Church
43. 1870 Census Warrick County, Ohio Twp, Indiana
44. 1860 Census Ohio Township, Warrick County, Indiana
46. Census Records reported by Debbie Thomas, 3468 Proud Eagle Dr., El Paso, Texas 79936
47. 1880 Warrick County, Ohio Twp Census
48. 1870 Census Warrick county, Ohio Twp, Indiana
49. 1880 Census Pike County, Monroe Township, Indiana
50. 1850 Census Monroe Twp, Pike County, Indiana
52. 1860 Census Monroe Township, Pike County, Indiana Page 112
53. Will Lance, John August 24, 1872.
54. 1860 Census Warrick county, Anderson Twp
55. Census 1860 Indiana Pike County, Monroe Township
56. 1860 Census Warrick county, Owen twp.
57. 1850 Census Pigeon Township, Warrick County, Indiana Page 362-362
58. Anna Christina Elisabein Brinkmeier nee Storck from Ladbergen, Germany widow and day labourer, born on the 2nd of June 1775 and daughter A. Christina elisabein born on the 15th of May 1807 emigrated in 1845 to Northern America
59. Marthe F. Beauregard, La Pop, Vol 1 p. 179
60. Applied for lot for Horse mill with Louis Deshetres, Indian Interpreter. Lt 1: Fo 2
61. Consent to marriage of Benito Vasquez (Benito Basquez). and Julie Papin. November 27, 1774 Old Cathedral Records in the MO Historial Society, #395.
62. LDS Records Ann Cadwell, P.O.Box 1501, Belen, NM 87002
64. Tanquay dictionaire Vol 4
65. History of Southeast Missouri.
66. Father Loiselle, Parish Records Trois Rieveries , Montreal Catholic Parish Records
67. LDS Records Recorders Certificate 00025-0795 RNJJRO
69. LDS records Batch 5025557 63 Source 1553811
70. Marriage contract between Judith Rigaud and LeMaistre
mentions his parents.
71. 1860 Census, St. Clair County, Il Page 463 1292
72. 1860 St. Cliar County Il Census, Page 464 1296
73. John Block firstname.lastname@example.org
74. Information from R. Meyer
76. The Heritage of Rutherford & Burke County North Carolina, Volume I, 1984
78. Greenlee Families by Ralph Stevvins Greenlee Published 1908
79. Elizabeth Prather Ellsberry, Marriage Records of Lincoln County, KY 1781-1792 Box 2067 Chillicothe, MO p. 6
80. F262,R8L48 (Call No., Earl Greg Swem Library, College of William and Mary, Williamsburgh will of Joseph McDowell,March 16, 1770, Probated Nov 1771.
Wife, Margaret, Sons: Hugh Charles, John, and Joseph. John and Joseph are under age. Son Joseph to have land on Silver Creek. Daughters: Elizabeth McKinnie and Hannah Crisman to have 5 pounds each.
81. DAR record national No. 5475
82. Info from Chuck Gerdau
83. Historical Sketches of North Carolina by John Hill Wheeler, 1964 P 249
84. Historic families of Kentucky, 116 pages on McDowell's
85. Application for pension, Department of the Interior, Bureau of Pensions: December 10, th 1833 Allowed.
86. Family Bible in posession of Hal Prestridge
87. Birth and Death Info from Hal Prestridge, San Antonio, Tx. AmunRE1@aol.com
89. 1797 excused from paying further poll taxes in Washington County, Tennesse because he was 50 years old.
90. Chuck Gerdau, 1665 N. McFarland Blvd, Apt 186, Tuscaloosa, Al 35406
91. Wheeler's reminisces, Burke County
92. LDS records roll 582654
93. Index to Passenger Lists Arriving in Baltimore (LDS 417,229) Ship Louise arriving June 3 1841 with a H. W. Auf Der Haar, Ladbergen to New Bremen, Age 30, C.H. Brinkmeier farmer, age 66, wife Elizabeth age 60 or 66
94. Birth Records, Ladbergen, Germany
95. >BAUERSCHAFT H"OLTER
>Grotholtmann Grotholtmen, Holtmes, wohnt am oder im Holze, to 1468
Holte (1149), vgl. Ho"lter - Hofnamen
Grot holt mann = is living at or in the woods
Great wood man
96. Roy E. Givson, 4517 Coffee Road, Fort Worth, Texas 76117
98. Roster of Tennessee Society of DAR
100. Per Chuck Gerdau 1655 N. McFarland Blvd. #186, Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
101. “Family History, John Edgar McElrath 1844-1907.”
Transcribed by daughter circa 1448
102. Information from Evans.
103. John Griffith; B. c 1744 d c. 1809 ; m. Anne Mucklerath; pvt NC.
104. McDowells, Irwins and Connections General John Hugh McDowell
106. Dar Records, Centennial Edition of the DAR Patriot Index
107. Nation Cyclipedia of American Biography, Vol II, Page 173
108. Group Sheet: Betsy Pittman, Route 3, Box 64 Valdese, NC 28690. Dec 15, 1990
109. Ladbergen, Germany Marriage Records
110. Jim Clausin (JMClausin@aol.com)
111. Will filed Burke County, NC
112. A History of Rockbridge County, Family Sketches and Biographical paragraphs. PG 255.
113. The History of Rockbridge County, Virginia
114. Raymond Park Fouts, Marriages of Bertie County, NC 1762--1868 (Baltimore, MA Genealogical Publishing Co., 1982 p63
115. Info from Leonard Chaffin
11308 Fowler Drive
North Glen, CO 80233
116. Diana L. Dunn, 3303 Hampstead Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32225, 904-642-2562 FAmily Group Sheet
117. Abner Chaffin of Jackson County, Tennessee
Compiled June 1966,
Carl Bert Albert, Encel A. Chaffin, Leonard B. Chaffin, Olive Chaffin Peterson
118. Violet 1689 from Olive from Mary Kay.
119. Descendants of Matthias Chitwood, Compiled by I. O. Chitwood Copyright 1986 by Helen Chitwood.
121. Susan Brown, 353 Clairemont Dr, El Paso, TX 79912-5348
122. Family Group Sheet: Carol Myers, 905 Flying Eagle Place, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80919
123. Marriage and Death Notices from Asheville, NC Newspapers 1840-1870
124. Geneaology of Cloyd, Basye pp 67 and 70
125. John McDowell, by gift deed gave sundry cattle July 25, 1771
126. Land Grand conveyed 600 Acres to Hunting " John McDowell, July 9th 1772.
He received pay for serving as a Sargent from april 14,th 1779 to Jan 1780
128. Marriage record, handwritten in a sheet that was in Family Bible
129. The Patriots at King's Mountain" By Bobby Gilmer Moss, copyright 1990.
130. John Vallentine Papers, Bringham Young University, Professor of Genealogy
Marion County, Missouri History
St. Louis ´.F. Perkins 1884
Aunt Dorothy artling
LDS IGI Irvines by : Lucinda Boyd
132. Jo Clift, 508 Marquis, Centralia, IL 62801 Confirmed from Census, Marriage, and Cemetery records.
133. David Jacobs email@example.com
135. Captain William William's Company 7th Orange Militia No. 20 Elijah Green.
136. Observer and Reporter Obituary
This obit is from Kentucky Obituraries 1787-1854 by G Glenn Clift. On page
108 "Mrs. Sarah Blackburn, consort of Dr. C. J. Blackburn, of Scott county,
and daughter of Oliver Keene, of Lexington. Died April 23, 1836." Kentucky
Observer and Reporter newspaper April 27, 1836 on page 151.
137. Info from Kenneth Hodge Khodge@gdi.net
138. Marriage Bond, Dar Record
139. Personal Interview with Albert Mealey 1/21/96
140. Info from Rachel Buzmeyer
141. family Bible and Civil War pension/ Steve Speelman.
142. Sources: Land deed record of Bedford Co., Pa.
143. Info gathered from various letters written circa 1890
144. Letter written in 1907 by Phoebe Wilson. " I am the daughter of Alcyan Harris, my mother was the daughter of Sarah (Hodge) Satterfield. Grandmother was the daughter of Alcyan Hodge who was a Jones before she married Hodge"
145. Extract from Letter of Mr. E. G. Hodge of Decatur written in April 1887 to George Hodge, of Normal, IL
146. D. H. Hamilton, Clerk of Superior Court, Hillsboro, NC
147. Extracts from Letter of E. G. Hodge, of Normal Ill, circa 1887.
148. Letter from Robert Hodge, Chatfield, Texas 1883 he was 75 years old
149. Reference G 4strings on AOL
150. Letter written to Mrs J. F. McNAught in 1906 by William H. Eaton of Berwick, IL
151. Letter from Jonathan P. Patterfield Someset KY July 13, 1905
153. Will probated 1781. Margaret parks (Note: Although it is not specifically so stated, this was probably Hugh Parks Wife) John Parks, who is to have 2/3 rds of the plantation. John McDowell, who is to have a plantation. Four Grandsons: James Bird, John McDowell, James McDowell, hugh McDowell. Remainder of estate to be divided among Margaret Parks, Hugh Parks, John Parks, and John McDowell.
154. Torrence & Allied Families
Book of the Agnews, James Agnew of PA - Mary Virginia Agnew
The Book of the Irvings, J. B. Irving (1907)
(Kathy Dix) firstname.lastname@example.org
155. Sharon Neem, 102027.2764.compuserve.com
156. Merchant Seaman Card
157. “Indiana Census 1860,” Michael Lance.
161. Draper, King's Mountain and Its, p. 472
162. "on the 27th of March, only a few miles distant from the first attack, and near the Louisa (Kentucky) River, the same body of indians fired on a camp of six men, killing thomas McDowell and Jeremiah McPheeters; the other four, one a son of samual Tate, made their excape."
Daniel Boone, April 1 1775
163. Recipient Silver Beaver Award, Boy Scouts
164. Charmaine Ernst, email@example.com E-mail.
165. Info from Granddaughter Jean Lieb opf North Olmsted, Ohio firstname.lastname@example.org
166. Susan Wilson-Gerteisen.
Sr. Assignment Editor
10 CONNECTS NEWS
11450 Gandy Blvd. North
St. Petersburg, FL 33702
167. Marriage Certificates, 1840 Marion County, Missouri Census, Tombstone inscriptions, Obituary of Charles E. Slayback
Trabue History: Julie Trabue Yates and Dr. Charles Trabue
Slayback Journal 1844-1848 St. Louis Historical Society
168. Sue Burris Minter
28358 Mt. Stephen Ave
Canyon Country, CA
169. Obits, Marriage Certificates, Death, LDS IGI, 1900 Census
Blakney-Sabin Genealogy, Josephine C. Front 1926
A. W. Adams, The Change Lightening Dr., Thomas Bullard
170. 1860 Census Warrick County, Owen Township Page 430
172. From LeMasterK@aol.com
174. “1880 Indiana Census, Gibson County, Columbia Township,” Willard Library, Evansville Indiana, 2/2/1998.
175. “1880 Indiana Census, Gibson County, Columbia Township,” Willard Library, Evansville Indiana, 2/2/1998, Jun 18, 1880, Ed 106, P 24.
176. “Knox County, Indiana Index to Birth records.”
177. Bob Hammond
178. Elsie Fox, 812 342-3027
Web pages on McClatchy’s
180. Ruth Schales.
181. Family Record John McPeeters, July 28, 1900
182. “Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800 - 1941.”